When it is about listening and streaming music, we all know how much variety and amazing features Spotify has to offer. It is a digital music streaming service where you can get access to the millions of podcasts, songs, and videos from various artists as per your choice. It was first launched in 2008 in Europe and since then, it has made its place around the globe due to the variety it offers. If you are new to this, you must explore this amazing app and learn about how does Spotify works.
you are an old user, you know how fun it is to have access to the legal way of
streaming music and podcasts online. You know you can also use your Facebook
account or your email address to sign up on Spotify. But due to many reasons,
you might not want to keep your Facebook profile name on Spotify. If that’s the
case, you might have already tried changing the username and you know it is
nearly impossible. But, let’s not assume that and figure out how to change
Spotify username by other means.
Can You Change Your Spotify Username?
how much you want it, you must know the limitations. Spotify doesn’t allow you
to change your username, but changing the display name might be a good option.
Once you change your display name, it will be visible in your Spotify public
display name will appear everywhere on your profile such as in the Spotify
desktop app, in the Spotify web payer, and the public profile as well. It is
not possible to change your display name through desktop or web interface, but
there is another way.
Your Facebook Profile Name as Your Display Name
cannot change your Spotify display name on desktop devices or the apps, you can
use Facebook for this purpose. Once you link your account to Facebook, your
Facebook name will be your new username. Whether you are using Mac or Windows,
the process is as follows:
- Open the Spotify desktop app and click on the Home tab on the left side menu. Now click on your name under the Home tab and tap on Settings from the drop-down menu.
- Now, click on ‘Connect to Facebook’ under the Facebook section in the settings area.
- From here, you will sing into Facebook as asked in the pop-up window. You will have to provide your Facebook ID and password then log in.
- Facebook will ask you for permission to link Spotify account to your Facebook profile thus sharing a bit of information. Confirm it and continue.
Facebook details along with your display picture and username will be visible
on Spotify. Your current display name will be replaced with the Facebook name.
want to unlink Facebook, you simply have to click on your name in the Spotify
app and click settings. Under the settings tab, there is a Facebook section.
Click on ‘Disconnect from Facebook’ under that section. Once you disconnect it,
your display name will go back to the previous one.
to Change Spotify Username on Android, iPhone, And iPad
want to change your display name manually, you will be doing this through
Spotify mobile app only if you are a standard Spotify user. However, if you are
using Spotify for kids, you will have to do this in the parental settings area
in the app.
Spotify interface is the same on Android, iPhone, or iPad, the steps are also
- Open the Spotify app on the mobile device. Click on the Home tab and then go to the settings.
- Click on your name and click on ‘View Profile’ under your name.
- Here, you will see your public profile. Click on ’Edit Profile’ under your present display name to change it.
- Now in this window, you can change your public photo as well as your display name which will be visible on all the platforms. Now make the desired changes and click on ‘Save’.
you have made the desired change, you will be returned to your profile. You can
see your new display name and picture here. If you want to make further
changes, you can repeat the steps.
you want to completely enjoy Spotify, you must know your ways around it which
includes knowing its tricks and tips. Knowing how to change Spotify username is
another way of enjoying Spotify along with streaming your favorite music.